History of FCBank
Farmers Citizens Bank was chartered on October 1, 1907, and officially opened for business on January 6, 1908.
On February 1, 1994 a bank holding company, FC Banc Corp. was established. At that time, each share of Farmers Citizens Bank stock was exchanged for four shares of FC Banc Corp. In August of 1998, a two-for-one stock split was announced thereby doubling the number of outstanding shares of FC Banc Corp. to 665,632 shares.
The Company had been a full Securities and Exchange Commission reporting company beginning in 1994, but on December 15, 2005, the shareholders voted to approve a going private transaction in which shareholders holding fewer than 500 shares would receive cash for each share that they held prior to the transaction.
On December 21, 2005 a Certificate of Amendment to the Company Articles of Incorporation was filed with the Ohio Secretary of State, which was effective upon filing. This reduced the numbers of shareholders to below 300, which enabled the Company to file a Form 15, which terminated the Company's registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
On March 26, 2013 FC Banc Corp. entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by CNB Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CCNE). At a special meeting held on September 19, 2013, the shareholders of FC Banc Corp. approved FC’s merger with CNB and announced that following the merger, Farmers Citizens Bank would operate as FCBank, division of CNB Bank.
On November 15, 2016, FCBank opened their newly constructed Central Ohio headquarters in Worthington and today has a total of seven community office locations in five counties.
FCBank, a division of CNB Bank, is a $2.7 billion bank that has been and will continue to be developed in the Columbus area by local business people. The local decision-making provided at FCBank offers a high level of dedication and service to the communities within the Columbus and Central Ohio region.